top of page

THE EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY

The East African Community started as the East African High Commission in 1948. Its headquarters were in Nairobi. The East African High Commission was replaced by the East African Common Service Organization in 1961. The E.A.C.S.O. was also replaced by the E.A.C. in 1967. The departments of the East African Community included; East African Posts and Telegraphs, East African Railways and Harbours, East African Literature Bureau and East African Income Tax Department. Organs of the East African Community are; The Summit, The East African Legislative Assembly, The Secretariat, The Sectoral Committee, The East African Court of Justice, the Council of Ministers and The Coordinating Committee. The final treaty to revive the East African Community was signed on 30th November 1999. The meaning of blue colour in the East African Community means Lake Victoria. The motto for the East African Community is ONE PEOPLE ONE DESTINY. The symbols for the East African Community are; the East African Community Emblem and the East African Flag 

Kwera Abigail, P.6 Crested Crane





0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comentarios


bottom of page